MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Private brand marketer Unicorn Tire Corp. is expanding its Mastertrack line, adding passenger and light truck tires to a portfolio that previously comprised only specialty ST and commercial truck lines.
In the first phase of the expansion, the Memphis-based company is releasing seven P/LT products in the fourth quarter that cover 187 SKUs.
The products, available in the U.S. only, include:
- The M-Trac Tour passenger line, with 20 sizes fitting rim diameters covering 14- to 17-inches. The tire will have a 55,000-mile limited treadwear warranty;
- The M-Trac HP high-performance line, which comes in 11 sizes covering 17- to 20-inch rim diameters. It has a 50,000-mile limited treadwear warranty;
- The M-Trac CUV, designed for crossover vehicles, will have 22 sizes covering 16- to 22-inch rim diameters, with a 55,000-mile limited treadwear warranty;
- The M-Trac HT highway SUV and light truck tire, with 19 sizes covering 16- to 18-inch rim diameters. It has a a 55,000-mile limited treadwear warranty;
- The Badlands AT, an all-terrain tire, with 28 sizes covering 15- to 20-inch rim diameters, with a 50,000-mile limited treadwear warranty;
- The Badlands RT, a rugged-terrain tire featuring 16 sizes ranging from LT285/75R16 to 37x13.50R24LT, with a 45,000-mile limited treadwear warranty on select sizes; and
- The Badlands MT, an aggressive mud-terrain product consisting of 17 sizes ranging from LT285/75R16 to 37x13.50R24LT.
Unicorn said that some of the tires will come out in the third quarter, and some will come out in Q4.
The Mastertrack brand has been a staple in Unicorn Tire's portfolio for more than 15 years, the company said, calling it "well regarded in the specialty ST trailer segment as a trouble-free, highly profitable ST trailer tire."
Unicorn said it expanded the Mastertrack line in 2021 to include commercial truck tires.
"Now we are expanding the line into the passenger and light truck line to give our customers a single brand with an excellent track record that they can promote across specialty ST trailer, commercial truck, passenger and light lruck segments," the tire marketer said.
Phase Two of the PLT launch is in the design process and is expected to be completed in Q2 of 2024. That will include a dedicated all-terrain tire for CUVs and crossovers, as well as a high-rim-diameter, ultra-high-performance line.
Other brands under the Unicorn line include Travelstar, Finalist and Sentinel.
According to its website, Unicorn was established in 2007, specializing in import, export and wholesale of passenger, light truck, commercial truck and ST trailer tires.
The company has locations in Missouri City, Texas, and Las Vegas.