IRWINDALE, Calif. — Importer/wholesaler Horizon Tire Inc. has expanded its Supermax brand with a pair of new products — the Supermax HT-1, for highway/terrain use and the Supermax RT-1, a mud-, all-terrain hybrid.
The Supermax HT-1 targets the SUV/CUV/LT segments, according to the company, and will come with a 50,000-mile treadwear warranty.
Benefits of the tire include:
- A specially engineered tread design to improve traction in wet and dry road conditions;
- Special center rib block design to enhance stability, handling and comfort;
- Reduced rolling resistance that results in improved fuel economy; and
- Shorter breaking distance.
In the first phase of the launch, 20 sizes of the Supermax HT-1 will be available. Once the next two phases are complete, a total of 90 sizes will be available.
Benefits of the Supermax RT-1 include:
- Hybrid tread design to combine the best of M/T and A/T features;
- Special shoulder/side wall design that enhances its rugged look; and
- Optimum mileage and precise handling in all weather conditions.
Horizon said 11 of the most popular LT mud sizes will be available by the end of January.
Supermax is Horizon Tire's proprietary brand. The Irwindale-based company also handles the Antares, Grenlander, Rydanz and Sotera brands.