FINDLAY, Ohio — American Tire Distributors' Hercules brand has broadened its Terra Trac series, adding the Terra Trac HPT while revamping the Terra Trac ATII with the 3-Peak Mountain Snowflake designation (3PMS).
The Terra Trac HPT is a highway all-season product designed for SUVs and CUVs, according to Hercules. The product will come with a 50,000-mile treadwear coverage, road-hazard protection and a 45-day "Trust Our Ride" free trial period.
The product is replacing the Terra Trac HTS in the Hercules lineup. It will be available in 25 sizes, fitting 15- to 20-inch rim diameter sizes.
Among the attributes of the tire are:
- An optimized tread design that reduces noise levels, rolling resistance and promotes ride comfort;
- Wide circumferential grooves to maximize water evacuation and support hydroplaning resistance; and
- Opposing groove angles to reduce stone retention and support extended treadlife.
- Steven Liu, senior director of Hercules Tires, said that "as the global CUV and SUV market continues to grow and expand, the new HPT gives drivers more reliability, comfort and performance in any season.
"We've seen demand shift from passenger cars to SUV-metric and LT-designated sizes and are continuing to address this demand by providing a tire optimized to match the performance attributes of modern SUVs and crossovers."
Meanwhile the 3PMS designation for the Terra Trac AT II "raises the bar on performance and versatility," Hercules said. The tire performs well in severe snow, while maintaining its off-road capabilities.
The tire has 60,000-mile treadwear coverage, road-hazard protection and a 45-day trial period. It is available in 59 sizes, covering 15- to 20-inch rim diameter sizes.
The attributes of the product are:
- Uniquely designed stone ejector ribs positioned at the base of the circumferential grooves to resist stone drilling and prolong the life of the tire;
- An aggressive upper shoulder with alternating scallops that amplify off-road traction and rugged looks; and
- Tusk grooves that create a larger void for better all-terrain traction.
Mr. Lui said the product "has been upgraded to tackle winter's worst, while maintaining the cut and chip resistance consumers demand from an all-terrain tire.
"With the new 3PMS designation, consumers that live in cold weather climates can take comfort in knowing that the AT II provides a higher level of snow traction while consumers outside of the snow belt can rest assured this tire will provide them with the same tenacity and longevity they've come to know and love," he said.