LEXINGTON, Ky. — The network of Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VOIC) outlets grew by 42 in the first half of 2019, including 16 opened by seven VOIC franchisees.
These latest openings expanded the VOIC network in the U.S. to more than 1,200 locations in 46 states. The new stores so far in 2019 have opened in 21 states.
The franchisees and the stores they opened are:
• Galena Companies — Glassboro and Magnolia, N.J. (Nos. 5 and 6 in the Philadelphia metro area — both former Grease 'n Go locations);
• Henley Companies — Milford, Del. (No. 5 in Delaware); and Falmouth and Weymouth, Mass. (Nos. 35 and 36 in Massachusetts);
• Ivy Lane Corp. — Bridgeview, LaGrange and Chicago, Ill. (Nos. 7, 8 and 9 in the Chicago area — all three were acquisitions of existing quick-lube businesses);
• Metrolube Companies — Fort Pierce, Fla. (No. 50 in Florida) and Rogers, Ark. (No. 2 in northern Arkansas);
• Quality Automotive Services — Wilmington, N.C. (No. 3 in Wilmington), and Seneca, S.C. (No. 9 in South Carolina);
• Superior Lube Inc. — Orem and Sandy, Utah (Nos. 4 and 5 in Utah — both acquisitions of existing quick-lube businesses); and
• Westco Lube Inc. — Topeka and Wichita, Kan. (Nos. 7 and 8 in Kansas — both acquisitions of existing quick-lube businesses).
The new corporate stores are in: Alpharetta, Ga.; Indianapolis; Jackson and Taylor, Mich; Minneapolis; Las Vegas (15 stores); Katy, Magnolia and Houston (four stores) in Texas; and Fort Royal, Fredricksburg and Williamsburg, Va. Nineteen of the 29 new locations were acquisitions, including the 15 in Las Vegas in two separate transactions, one of which was a corporate takeover of an existing VOIC franchise with three stores.
Valvoline operates and franchises more than 1,300 quick-lube locations in North America, under the VOIC and Valvoline Express Care names in the U.S. and under the Great Canadian Oil Change name in Canada.