LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. — Snap-on Inc. has introduced the Triton-D8 diagnostic tool to help technicians save time, boost productivity and make more money by guiding them to the problem while filtering out unnecessary steps.
The Triton-D8 is positioned between the Apollo-D8 and Zeus tools in Snap-on's line of Intelligent Diagnostics products to suit the needs and budgets of professional repair technicians.
Accessing the Intelligent Diagnostic functions on the Snap-on Triton-D8 requires a software agreement, which will keep the tool updated with the latest information and functionality available, the company said.
Triton-D8's features include:
- Navigation screen that guides technicians through the diagnostic work flow, from pinpointing the problem to finding the fix;
- Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) to access fault codes and vehicle specific OEM TSBs;
- Smart Data function, which automatically configures the display to show vehicle parameters relevant to the fault code;
- SureTrack function, which provides top repairs and real fixes for the specific vehicle and diagnostic trouble code, providing access to information from thousands of shops that have solved the same problem;
- Functional tests and resets procedures that help complete the repair; and
- Built-in scope, a guided component test meter that helps technicians to pinpoint issues.
For more information, visit diagnostics.snapon.com.