LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. — Snap-on Inc. has redesigned and upgraded its Solus diagnostic platform with the new Solus+.
Solus+, with SureTrack-verified repair information and comprehensive coverage for domestic and import vehicles and motorcycles, provides a multitude of diagnostics features for professional repair technicians, the company said.
The advanced features include:
- SureTrack, which delivers diagnostics and verified parts replacement records harvested from millions of successful repair orders;
- Quick look-ups to allow technicians to access OEM technical bulletins, specifications and resets;
- One Touch Code Scan & Clear to perform checks and complete full vehicle clear codes for all available modules on the vehicle; and
- A custom data list that allows technicians to customize the way they work, with freeze-frame, PID sorting, pause, zoom, PID trigger, snapshot and cursor functions.
According to the company, Solus+ also offers:
- Access to comprehensive OEM-specific motorcycle coverage for nine domestic, Asian and European makes, and coverage for 49 domestic, Asian and European vehicles;
- Faster boot up, with diagnostic results available in as little as 30 seconds;
- Detailed trouble-code definitions, live data, functional tests, relearns and adaptations;
- Instant vehicle ID;
- Verify the diagnosis and repair with bidirectional controls for operations, such as injector balance, gauge sweep, misfire detection, brake bleed and EVAP;
- An embedded SMX Operating System dedicated to diagnostic functions; and
- Vehicle system reports via wi-fi to the Snap-on Cloud to allow technicians to access them from their phone or computer and print, e-mail or text from there.
The 8-inch capacitive touchscreen display offers improved readability in sunlight and ease of use in the repair shop, Snap-on said, noting the Solus+ connects to vehicles with Ethernet communication systems.
Technicians can maximize their Solus+ investment with the Snap-on software subscription program, the company said, which offers regularly scheduled software upgrades with updated coverage for new vehicles, expanded coverage for earlier models and thousands of new tips and tests.