SPARKS, Md. — Apex Tool Group L.L.C. has introduced the Gearwrench Bolt Biter Extraction Sockets to remove weathered, rounded or damaged fasteners.
"Tool users will tell you the thing they can't stand the most is losing time when a tool can't get the job done," Jarrett Wolf, product manager for Gearwrench, said. "If time lost is money lost, then time saved is money in your pocket, and that's what the Bolt Biter Extraction Sockets are designed to do better than any other on the market. These sockets address the biggest needs out there while providing a level of durability not typically associated with extraction tools."
The sockets features include:
- The socket slides onto the rounded fastener with no hammering needed;
- "Minus-sizes" sockets are designed to fit onto fasteners worn down past their original size;
- Once the fastener is removed, it disengages from the socket;
- The fastener is not destroyed during the process and can be re-installed, especially important if the fastener is a non-standard part, the company said; and
- The sockets have up to 10 times the useable life of other extraction sockets, the company claimed.
The sockets are available individually and in eight-, 15- or 28-piece sets. They can be used with an impact gun, ratchet, wrench or pliers.