SAN ANTONIO — Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance Inc.'s Auto Value and Bumper to Bumper brands have named Jeff Weller of Auto Fix, L.L.C. in Henning, Minn., the 2021 Technician of the Year.
Mr. Weller achieved the highest score on a custom ASE exam, beating 12 U.S. finalists at the Technician of the Year event, held Oct. 8 in San Antonio.
Mr. Weller scored 90 out of 100 possible points to earn the title, $2,500 and a trip to the ASE Awards Ceremony in Phoenix in November to represent all of Auto Value and Bumper to Bumper Certified Service Center locations and technicians.
"Being the 2021 Technician of the Year means that all of my hard work over the last 24 years of my career has paid off," Mr. Weller said. "The professionals in the industry recognize my commitment to bettering the industry and I appreciate how it all centers on the customer and making sure they are taken care of."
Auto Fix is an Auto Value Certified Service Center and customer of Automotive Parts Headquarters.
Finalists were selected by their Auto Value and Bumper to Bumper suppliers based on several criteria, including ASE certification, status as a Certified Service Center, training, personal biographies and letters of recommendation.
The other finalists were:
- John Long, John's Auto Service, Cleburne, Texas;
- Jason Scott, Advanced Auto & Diesel, Paris, Texas;
- Doug Smith, Telle Tire and Auto Centers, St. Louis.;
- Randell Husted, Lakeside Automotive Group, Spring Lake, Mich.;
- Scott Kratz, SK Automotive Inc., Lansdale, Pa.;
- John Weber III, Weber's Automotive Service, Dayton, Ohio;
- Tony Reinert, Jeff's Auto Service, Dyersville, Iowa;
- Darin Jacobsen, Advantage Car Care, Grand Island, Neb.;
- Andrew Magee, Accurate Automotive, Shepherdsville, Ky.;
- Keith Hogard, Warren's Auto, Monroe, La.; and
- Hans Hiller, Orinda Motors Inc., Orinda, Calif.