LEESBURG, Va. — The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) recognized 52 auto and heavy-duty technicians — including nine employed in the retail tire and auto service sector — as the top technicians at their respective employers or tech service providers.
ASE Technician of the Year honorees are submitted by their employers based on rigorous criteria, including ASE test scores, on-the-job performance and community activities.
Among those recognized are technicians employed by Bridgestone Retail Operations (BSRO), Pep Boys and TBC Retail as well as by Big O Tires, Midas International and SpeeDee Oil Change.
Top techs include (listed alphabetically by name, followed by the nominating entity):
- Jerry Blasingame, master technician, SpeeDee Oil Change & Auto Service, Vallejo, Calif.;
- Jacob Boone, TBC Retail/NTB, Washington, Mo.;
- Michael Todd Cooper, master technician, Pep Boys, Hemet, Calif.
- Scot East, master technician, Firestone Complete Auto Care, Proper, Texas;
- Margarette Langdon-Lewis, master technician, NAPA Auto Care (BJ's Automotive Diagnostic Center), Belfast, Maine;
- John Myers, master technician, Pronto Auto Service Network (Pep Boys), Corona, Calif.;
- Lorenzo Ramos, master technician, Midas International (Leeds West Groups), Greenwood Village, Colo.;
- Kenneth Vieira, master technician, TBC Retail/Tire Kingdom, Hollywood, Fla.; and
- Steven Whittenberg, Big O Tires (MFA Oil), Jefferson City, Mo.
In addition, Nicholas Barajas, a master M/H truck technician at the TravelCenters of America location in Madison, Ga., was that company's winner in the heavy-duty category.