LAS VEGAS — The organizers of the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX) have reformatted the education program this year with fewer traditional classroom sessions and more interactive training and technology sessions.
AAPEX, held in conjunction with the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show, will run Nov. 5-7 at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas. About 162,000 automotive aftermarket professionals from 126 countries are expected to be in Las Vegas during AAPEX and the SEMA Show.
AAPEX is co-owned by the Auto Care Association and the Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association, a division of the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association.
The content for this year's AAPEXedu is based on the results of an AAPEX survey that asked buyers to identify topics of interest to them, organizers said. For the first time, all sessions will be translated into Chinese and Spanish.
In addition, the locations for the education programs this year will be more concentrated, with AAPEXedu sessions moving to the Bellini Ballroom at The Venetian; Mobility Garage sessions will be located in the adjacent Titian Ballroom of The Venetian; and the Let's Tech stage will be outside the Sands Expo exhibit hall on the Level 2 Upper Lobby.
The number of classroom presentations has been reduced to 10 for automotive service professionals, auto parts retailers and warehouse distributors and will include:
- 5 Trends in 5 Minutes
- Recruiting & Retaining the Next Generation of Top Talent
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) Forum, Session 1 – Challenges and Opportunities Today, Session 2 – Future Challenges and Opportunities
- Aftermarket Outlook 2020
- Service Professionals Summit: Aftermarket 2030: Consolidation Trends, Opportunities, and Challenges for the Independent Service Professional
- Your Customer in 2020
- Trade, Regulation and Other Policies Impacting Your Business
- Innovative End-of-Life Strategies for Emerging Technologies in a Changing World
- 2025 and Beyond: The New Retail Frontier, The Future of the Aftermarket and How to Win
- Doing Business in China 2.1
Topics for the Mobility Garage and Let's Tech programs will be disclosed at a later date, according to organizers.
All AAPEXedu sessions are included in AAPEX 2019 registration. To register, visit aapexshow.com/attendee.