AKRON — TBC Corp.'s Midas Auto Care and Big O Tires franchise systems ranked among Entrepreneur magazine's inaugural ranking of top brands for multi-unit owners
Entrepreneur rated 150 franchises for their appeal to prospective franchisees who are interested in multi-unit ownership, as well as existing franchisees looking to add to their portfolio.
The publication said it rated franchises on: discounts offered to franchisees purchasing multiple units; the percentage of their franchisees who own multiple units; the average number of units owned by each franchisee; and whether they sell only multiple units or master licenses.
The companies were also rated on their Franchise 500 score, which is based on an analysis of more than 150 data points in the areas of costs and fees, size and growth, franchisee support, brand strength, and financial stability.
The automotive service franchises that made the cut include:
- No. 25 — TBC's Midas with about 1,941 locations, requiring an initial franchisee investment of $104,000 to $886,000;
- No 48 — Valvoline Inc.'s Valvoline Instant Oil Change with about 1,573 locations, requiring an initial investment of $178,000 to $3.3 million;
- No. 54 — TBC's Big O Tires with about 466 locations, which has an initial investment of $334,000 to $1.4 million;
- No. 57 — RNR Tire Express, with about 170 locations, requiring an investment of $593,000 to $1.3 million;
- No. 61 — Snap-on Inc.'s Snap-on Tools has about 4,724 franchisees and requires an initial investment of $201,000 to $465,000;
- No. 69 — FullSpeed Automotive's Grease Monkey chain with more than 500 locations, requiring an investment of $246,000 to $762,000; and
- No. 71 — Shell USA's Jiffy Lube with about 2,190 locations, requiring an investment of $232,000 to $423,000.