SAINT-HYACINTHE, Quebec — Around 425 Canadian dealer personnel, representing 350 stores, were on hand Jan. 15-16 in Saint-Hyacinthe for the second annual Unimax Tire Ltd. two-day congress.
Boucherville, Quebec-based Unimax operates seven retail tire marketing programs in Canada — Point S, Point S City, V1, Otobox, Pneus Prestige, Mega Pneus, Pneus Max-Plus and Tire People — accounting for more than 850 points of sale.
"The response from the dealers was very positive," Unimax Tire President and CEO Bruno Leclair said. "This event allows us to present the new products and new services for our dealers. It's the best place to meet all our dealers in one place for a supplier."
Point S Canada, V1 and Otobox revealed plans for 2020 and introduced new products, upcoming marketing campaigns and new dealer services.
During the event, Unimax Tire announced the launch of:
- A strategy to get more traffic outside of the distributor's tire rush events in spring and fall;
- A marketing campaign set to debut this fall;
- An enhanced online customer experience, including a new design and new way to display tires and the ecommerce transactional process; and
- An employer brand later this year;
- Unimax Tire also presented new tires models from its various tire suppliers, along with other products and equipment important to dealers.
Jean-François Champagne, president of the Automotive Industries Association of Canada, presented a program titled "Vision 2020: The future of the automotive aftermarket in Canada."