SANTA ANA, Calif. — Travis Pastrana became famous for his work in the X-Games. Next week, his focus will be on four different letters: TPMS.
The extreme sports star will be one of several Team Yokohama members featured in educational videos for the U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association's (USTMA) annual Tire Safety Week, which runs Aug. 31-Sept. 6.
Each day, Yokohama will release one episode on its social media channels.
In Pastrana's video, the former X-Games gold medalist talks about the importance of tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS).
Other videos include:
- The basics on tire changing with pro UTV drivers Wayne Matlock and Kristen Matlock;
- Why tires matter with pro skateboarder Lyn-z Pastrana;
- How to check tire pressure with off-road racer Justin Lofton;
- Checking tread depth with pro skateboarder Beaver Fleming;
- Tire rotation with overlander and author Dan Grec; and
- What the Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol means with Spartan world champion and obstacle racer Robert Killian.
"National Tire Safety Week is an important, consumer-driven initiative," said Alan Holtschneider, Yokohama's director of marketing. "Its goal—like Yokohama's—is to help consumers learn more about tires, including essential steps for proper tire care and maintenance. These are the things that are covered in our video series."
"As we continue to navigate a new world impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, tire manufacturers such as Yokohama continue to create the smartest and most sustainable technologies that put the safest tires on the road," added Anne Forristall Luke, president and CEO of USTMA. "National Tire Safety week is an initiative that educates drivers about the critical role they play in maintaining tire safety and ensures they have the information they need to successfully prioritize safety on the road."