HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. — American Tire Distributors (ATD) Tire Pros marketing group has added 20 points of sale to its U.S. network in 13 states over the last couple of months, including four in Ohio, three in Utah and two each in California and Oregon.
The Tire Pros network now has more than 600 locations in 45 states.
The new locations are:
- Alabama: Gateway Automotive Tire Pros in Opelika, owned by Wayne Rogers;
- California: Dastgah Tire Pros & Service in Sunnyvale, owned by Ali Dastgah; and Blackstone Tire Pros in Fresno, owned by Zane Ali;
- Georgia: Hoffman Automotive Tire Pros in Fayetteville, owned by Scott Mulvey;
- Louisiana: Joe's Tire Pros in Ruston, owned by Roger Cheshier;
- Mississippi: Meggs Tire Pros in Kosciusko, owned by Jeff Meggs;
- Nevada: Pace Tire & Auto Tire Pros in Fallon, owned by Marc Williams;
- New Mexico: Lovington Tire Pros in Lovington, owned by Tony Spencer;
- Ohio: Coshocton City Tire Pros in Coshocton City, owned by Tracey Frame and Tim Brennan; Van’s Tire Pros in Akron and Medina, owned by Joshua Baughman; and Van's Tire Pros of Alliance in Alliance, owned by Philip Biscan.
- Oregon: Bend Tire Pros in Bend, owned by Jacob Gump; and On Site Tire Pros & Brake Repair in Forest Grove, owned by Luis Jimenez;
- South Carolina: River Rock Tire Pros in Inman, owned by Ryan Kaiser;
- Tennessee: Jefferson Farmers Co-Op Tire Pros in Dandridge, owned by Mark Pettitt;
- Texas: Hometown Tire Pros in Wolfforth, owned by Jacob Gregory;
- Utah: Campus Tire Pros in Provo, owned by Rodney Hansen; Foothill Tire Pros in Salt Lake City, owned by Dustin Knight; and TJ's Tire Pros in Vernal, owned by Trent and Marianne Jenkins.
"2020 has been an interesting year for everyone from dynamic shifts in the preferred form of travel and new pressures for the trucking industry," Tire Pros President Greg Bell said.
"These changes in the American culture created opportunities for current Tire Pros franchisees to prosper, as well as a great opportunity to grow our family."
Van's Tire's Mr. Baughman said the pandemic did not stop him from expanding to his seventh and eighth locations.
"Pandemic or not, when I saw an opportunity to expand, I went for it," Mr. Baughman said. "My business has grown thanks to a bold approach, aggressive online presence and responsive customer service, as well as having Tire Pros as a true partner."
Hoffman Automotive's Mr. Mulvey called Tire Pros "a really solid franchise that offers the flexibility to run your own business while also providing buying power and support on a national level. For me that means never feeling like a small fish in a big pond."