CLEVELAND — Tire Business is again one of the top trade publications in Ohio.
Tire Business took home several honors at the 2023 All Ohio Excellence in Journalism awards from the Press Club of Cleveland. A banquet was held June 2 at the House of Blues in Cleveland, Ohio.
First place awards went to:
- Dave Manley, Pictorial (all others categories, includes everyone) for a photo of the sunset in Big Bear, Calif. during a Toyo Tire U.S.A. media tour; and Business Column (single entry) for "Right to Repair laws in purgatory?"
- Jessica Holbrook, features, for a package of articles about ADAS (advanced driver assistance systems). Judges noted that it was an "informative and non-jargony package of stories on a topic most vehicle owners probably never consider – the connection of computerized safety systems on other parts of the vehicle from windshields to tires."
Second place awards went to:
- Tire Business for Best Trade Publication;
- Kathy McCarron, Business Column (single entry) for "Workplace mental health."
- David Manley and Michael McCrady for Trade and Professional Publication Cover for the cover of the Global Tire Report. Judges said "clever and easily understood cover graphics provide a glimpse into rankings of top producers contained within. Indexing helps direct readers, creating an informative and attractive presentation."
Third place awards went to:
- Kathy McCarron, Features, Special Section Package for a package of articles about the 2022 Tire Business Tire Dealer Humanitarian award winner Kim McMahon.
- Jessica Holbrook, Trade Report, for "RoboTire evolves service bay."