BOWIE, Md. — The Tire Industry Association (TIA) is planning to broadcast via Zoom a number of events originally planned for this fall's Global Tire Expo (GTE)/SEMA Show, including its annual membership meeting, Tire Industry Honors and educational sessions.
With the exception of the annual meeting — to be aired on Oct. 27 — the GTE/SEMA Show events are to be held mostly on the same days they were originally scheduled, TIA said.
TIA CEO Roy Littlefield, noting that over 1,000 people had pre-registered for the educational sessions at GTE/SEMA, said "TIA is pleased we have found a way to allow those interested in our events to still attend them."
The schedule for TIA's GTE/SEMA Show Zoom events:
- Annual membership meeting, Oct. 27, 3 p.m. (EDT), including the installation of the new TIA president and recognition of incoming and outgoing board members; and
- Tire Industry Honors, Nov. 2, noon to 1 p.m. (EST), including speeches by the incoming and outgoing TIA presidents and announcements of the Michelin North America/TIA scholarship winners and the various award winners presented by the industry's trade magazines.
TIA's educational Zoom sessions will include (all times EST):
- A Decade of CSA, 1 to 2 p.m.;
- Vehicle Lifting Safety, 2 to 3 p.m.; and
- Successful Tire Dealers Share Their Secrets, 3 to 4 p.m.
- Minimizing Risk When Servicing Truck Tires, 1 to 2 p.m.; and
- Correcting Ride Complaints, 2 to 3 p.m.
Details for registering will be provided in the coming weeks, TIA said.