PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. — TBC Corp. has struck a deal with China's Prinx Chengshan Tire Co. Ltd. for exclusive U.S. rights to the Prinx radial truck tire brand through its National Tire Wholesale (NTW) subsidiary.
Prinx Chengshan is producing the Prinx truck tire line — which covers seven on- and off-highway applications — at its factory in Chonburi, Thailand, which opened in early 2020.
TBC/NTW will offer a five-year warranty for workmanship and materials and a five-year casing warranty covering up to two retreads plus a casing allowance. TBC did not at this time disclose pricing information but said the brand would be positioned as "value-tier" line.
NTW President and COO Rodger Smith said the Prinx lineup "will provide our customers high quality products and improved availability all at a competitive price."
NTW is stocking the product at its warhouses nationwide for delivery to customers.
TBC/NTW will offer the Prinx brand in seven application types:
- AR602 regional steer/all-position tire, offering long wear and "excellent" grip;
- TH107 multi-axle decoupling-groove trailer tire line-haul or regional use;
- DH106 closed-shoulder design for high-speed performance and even wear in line-haul applications;
- DR601 open-shoulder drive tire suitable for regional applications where additional traction is needed;
- AM210 mixed-service all-position tire designed for on- and off-road usage with a cut- and chip-resistant compound;
- AM211 wide-base all-position tire suitable for challenging on- and off-road mixed service conditions; and
- DM212 on-/off-highway traction tire for dump trucks, logging trucks or concrete mixing trucks.
Bill Dashiell, senior vice president, TBC Brands Commercial Tire Division, said the Prinx brand's broad application range "reinforces our commitment to continued growth."
The firm's warranty includes a no-charge replacement, within the first 2/32nds-inch of wear or 12 months from date of purchase, due to a defect in design, workmanship or material.
Shandong, China-based Prinx Chengshan — a one-time Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. joint venture — set up a U.S. sales office in Los Angeles, Prinx Chengshan North America Inc., in late 2018 to support the launch of its brands in North America.
Tire industry veteran John Aben, formerly with Giti Tire (USA) Ltd. and Nexen Tire America Inc., is president of that company.