PHILADELPHIA — Icahn Automotive Group L.L.C. has singled out five auto technicians at Pep Boys auto service locations as its Top Techs for 2020, citing their performance excellence, commitment to continuous training and mentorship, exemplary customer service and enthusiastic approach to work.
"Our technicians are the lifeblood of our service business, and our Top Techs are the best of the best," Brian Kaner, CEO – Service, for Pep Boys, said. "They bring both the skills and the passion that help us live out our promise to go further so our customers can go farther."
The technicians selected are:
- William Bowles, a master technician in Fort Worth, Texas, with 30 years of automotive repair experience, including 23 with Pep boys;
- Ernesto Delaisla, a master technician in Clovis, Calif., with 15 years of experience, including the last four with Pep Boys;
- Jason Kirby, an area diagnostic specialist in Orlando, Fla., with a dozen years of experience with Pep Boys;
- Bryan Lamparter, a master technician in Charlotte, N.C., with 18 years of experience with Pep Boys; and
- Amir Pagán, a technician in Humacao, Puerto Rico, who's been with Pep Boys for 25 years.
The Top Techs were selected based on multiple factors, including ASE certifications, strong productivity and performance metrics, mentorship, living the Pep Boys values and positive representation of the company, Icahn Automotive said.
National Automotive Service Professionals Week is being celebrated in 2020 during the week of June 7 to remind us about the automotive technicians who keep the country's vehicles on the road every day.
The week will end with Automotive Service Professionals Day to say thank you to our nation's techs.
Pep Boys said the Top Tech awards fit into its "Race to 2026" initiative, a commitment to help fill the industry-wide technician talent gap, which is projected to be 46,000 individuals in six years.
Since announcing the initiative, Icahn/Pep Boys awarded $50,000 in scholarships for the 2019-20 school year to support 20 students pursuing careers in automotive technology.