CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — Openbay Inc. has enhanced its "Otis" automated online chat solution to include support for over 30 leading tire suppliers and wholesalers in a move designed to strengthen its users' relations with their customer base.
This update puts automotive service and tire businesses using Otis in a position to create a digital experience of their own and to sell more tires and tire-related services online, Openbay said.
"At Openbay, we are delivering innovative solutions to position our customers to meet the demands and expectation for real-time information from today's passenger and commercial vehicle owners in need of tires and automotive services," Openbay CEO Rob Infantino said.
"Results show that more than 65% of visitors to automotive repair websites are using a mobile device. Because of this, online chat is the ideal platform to engage visitors."
The new feature provides Otis users the ability to show a selection of tire brands, tire pricing and availability from the selected tire suppliers, Openbay said.
Among the tire suppliers now supported by Otis are American Tire Distributors, TireHub L.L.C., National Tire Wholesale, U.S. Autoforce, Max Finkelstein Inc. and TR Wholesale Solutions, Openbay said.
"At Openbay, we are delivering innovative solutions to position our customers to meet the demands and expectation for real-time information from today's passenger and commercial vehicle owners in need of tires and automotive services."
Among features the Otis online chat offers are:
- appears like online chat and is fully customizable;
- online conversations are menu-driven or visitors can free form type similar to texting;
- understands human written language and can respond in the same, powered by artificial intelligence;
- delivers service estimates for all model-year vehicles in real-time for most mechanical services to include parts and labor;
- delivers customized service estimates for complex repairs based on a user's business metrics (parts margin, labor rates);
- displays tire inventory, including brands, sizes, features, warranty coverage and pricing;
- supports staggered tire fitments;
- displays tire and installation pricing in real-time and allows on-line appointment booking;
- supports two-way customer texting and live chat, if desired;
- operates 24/7/365;
- converts and helps monetize web visitors into customers;
- captures customer contact information; and
- is scalable across multiple locations
Cambridge-based Openbay launched Otis in 2019.