NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Nokian Tyres P.L.C. recently unveiled its 10 Rules of Tires, a list of tire facts aimed at keeping drivers safer on the road.
Among the rules:
- Purchase tires that suit your climate;
- High-quality tires are worth the investment;
- Tires are only as safe as their maintenance;
- When you're choosing tires, trust the experts—tire dealers; and
- Put stock in the tire features that actually matter.
Nokian is presenting the rules in a series of short articles on its website along with videos, social media posts and other elements aimed at "engaging consumers and driving them to tire shops," the company said.
"Tires are more sophisticated than many drivers realize, and it's important to choose the right set and take proper care of them," said Wes Boling, Nokian Tyres' marketing communications manager. "Through our 10 Rules of Tires campaign, we aim to present important facts every driver should know when they're on the road or at the tire shop."
The campaign coincides with National Tire Safety Week, which runs Aug. 31 through Sept. 6.