GREENVILLE, S.C. — Michelin North America Inc. has raised more than $330,000 through its recent virtual charity golf tournament, with proceeds supporting 10 charities in communities where Michelin employees live and work.
In lieu of the traditional in-person golf tournament, Michelin business partners and suppliers joined a virtual gathering to hear from Michelin North America's leadership team on a variety of topics and present funds to each charity.
"Michelin appreciates the continued support for our charity partners, especially this year when help is needed more than ever before," Steve Jahries, vice president of purchasing for Michelin North America, said.
"Although our tournament looked quite different than in previous years, we are grateful for our network of partners that have continued to make an impact on our communities through this event for more than 30 years."
The tournament has generated more than $9 million since its inception in 1989. This year's tournament will award proceeds to 10 charitable organizations:
- Ardmore Bridges Out of Poverty in Ardmore, Okla.;
- Camperdown Academy in Greenville, S.C.;
- Fisher House in Columbia, S.C.;
- Girl Scouts of South Carolina Mountains to Midlands;.
- Louisville (Ky.) Urban League;
- New Directions Housing Corporation in Jefferson County, Ky.;
- Roper Mountain Science Center in Greenville, S.C.;
- Stanly Health Foundation in Albemarle, N.C.;
- The Nature Conservancy in Columbia, S.C.; and
- The Wiregrass Museum of Art in Dothan, Ala.