HILTON HEAD, S.C. — Alexis Garcin, chairman and president of Michelin North America Inc. since June 2019, will keynote this year's Clemson University Global Tire Industry Conference, scheduled for April 18-20 in Hilton Head.
The three-day gathering, the 35th annual conference, will cover five subject categories in half-day sessions: Testing, Investigations and Liability; Future Tire Trends/Requirements; Tire Industry Outlook/Inside-Outside Perspective; Innovations in Tire Materials; and The Tire's Last Mile Delivery – Recycling & Sustainability.
Mr. Garcin is scheduled to speak at 12:30 p.m. on April 19, after the luncheon break and before the start of the afternoon session. THe conference is being held at the Sonesta Resort in Hilton Head,
Each of the half-day sessions will feature a series of individual presentations that will delve into each particular topic from different perspectives.
Topics for individual presentations include:
- "The Impact of Autonomous Vehicle Requirements on Tire Development," Bruce Lambillotte, vice president of technical consulting at Smithers Group.
- "Who is Stealing Your Secrets? Trade Secrets and Cyber-Securing from a Legal Perspective," Joseph Ruscak, partner at Roetsel & Andress.
- "The Evolving Tire Market: Confusing Times for Consumers," Eugene Petersen, tire program manager at Consumer Reports.
- "Sustainability Trends Impacting the U.S. Tire Manufacturing Industry," Sarah Amick, vice president and senior counsel at the U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association.
- "Bringing Retreads Up to Speed with the Consumer Market," Jeffrey Parks, managing director, Retread Tire Association.
- "Application of Recovered Carbon Black in Support of a Circular Economy," Jamie McNutt, technical fellow, product development at Bridgestone Americas Inc.
More information, including conference registration and room reservations at the Sonesta Resort, is available at clemsontireconference.com.