ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Leeds West Groups (LWG) has acquired the property for an Albuquerque Big O Tires retail store that LWG has operated since September 2019.
"This capital investment into LWG Real Estate Division marks the 38th transaction of its type within the last 20 months," the company said. The real estate was purchased from Max Martinez and Juan Tabo Properties L.L.C.
The purchase price and deal terms were not disclosed. The store is located on Juan Tabo Boulevard in eastern Albuquerque.
Greenwood, Colo.-based LWG is the largest Big O Tires franchisee in the U.S. with 31 locations in six states. LWG also operates 82 Midas Auto Care locations in 18 states throughout the U.S.
In total, LWG has 113 franchised stores and is considered the 11th largest independent tire dealership in the U.S., according to Tire Business calculations.
Other recent LWG acquisitions include:
- Three Big O Tires outlets in Oklahome from MFA Oil Co., Feb 1;
- A vacated auto service business building in Overland Park, Kan., that LWG plans to convert to a Midas Auto Service location, Jan. 15;
- Big O Tires locations in Colorado Springs and Monument, from Lone Star Investments L.L.C., Dec. 4, 2020;
- Big O Tire stores in Georgetown and Lexington, Ky., and Hamilton, Ohio, from Big OKI L.L.C., a division of Eagle Finance Services Inc., July 17, 2020;
- Six Big O Tires locations in the Albuquerque, N.M., area from BBAC Group, a long-time Big O franchise consisting of Keith Blake, Michael Pryor, Mitch Beranek and Scott Koldenhoven that also operates 11 Big O stores in Colorado, Sept. 20, 2019.
LWG was founded in 2009 by CEO Judd Shader. LWG's Board of Directors is chaired by Joshua Weinreich and employs more than 1,000 employees.