TORRANCE, Calif. — The network of Hybrid Shop franchises has grown by 14 locations in 11 states the past few months, nearly doubling the franchisor's business footprint to 29 outlets in the U.S., Canada and Caribbean.
Among the new franchisees are six Tire Pros-affiliated dealerships:
- Big G Tire Pros in Bridgeville, Pa.;
- Community Tire Pros, which added Hybrid Shop services at three of its seven outlets in the Phoenix area;
- Freeway Automotive & Tire Pros in Dover, N.J.;
- In and Out Tire Pros in Millsboro, Del.;
- Mid-Atlantic Tire Pros in Easton, Md.; and
- Quality Discount Tire Pros in Kensington, Md.
Other newly signed franchises are Driven Automotive in Georgetown, Cayman Islands; LP Anderson Point S/Tire Factory in Billings, Mont.; Garage DIY & Auto Repair in Fresno, Calif.; T&M Automotive in Las Vegas; Sparks Tire & Auto in St. Charles, Mo.; and Phil's Pro Auto Service in Greely, Colo.
Torrance-based Hybrid Shop (THS) offers franchising opportunities for repair shops and tire and service dealers in markets that are saturated with hybrid and electric vehicles, as well as shops in smaller markets where there is a clear need for the service, but not a high concentration of these types of vehicles.
THS points to the growing number of hybrids coming out of the manufacturer warranty period, together with rising demand overall for hybrid and electric vehicles, as reasons to consider a Hybrid Shop franchise.
"It's exciting to watch the network grow, especially in the tire and service segment," Carey Mellor, vice president of sales, said.
"Dealers focusing mainly on repairs have realized that the HEV/EV segment has been growing and profitable. In the tire and service segment, dealers are looking to differentiate themselves from tough competition from the large regional players and big box retailers. Adding the HEV/EV focus to their business model provides an avenue to separate their businesses and standout."
The THS franchise program offers independent repair shops and tire and service dealers the ability to service owners of hybrid and electric vehicles with replacement batteries at a fraction of the cost of going to the car dealership.
Among the benefits of the franchise program that THS promotes are:
- Higher profits and average repair orders resulting from the new revenue stream created by hybrid and electric business;
- Greater employee satisfaction as a result of advanced training programs and the challenges encountered when working on hybrid and electric vehicles; and
- Increased car count and greater visibility as part of a national network of hybrid repair specialists backed by expert marketing and advertising support.
THS' exclusive technology includes a battery-manufacturing process that is carried out in its Torrance facility, and proprietary diagnostic tools focused solely on systems unique to hybrid and electric vehicles.