The TIS TT1 by Hercules has two distinct shoulder designs to allow consumers to customize their vehicle and an aggressive tread pattern design that Hercules said provides improved grip in extreme conditions.
It is equipped with bolstered shoulder lugs, performance infused tread block elements and a reinforced three-ply sidewall for added security, Hercules said.
This marks the second tire co-branded by Hercules and TIS Offroad this year. In March, the companies debuted the TIS UT1 by Hercules, a utility terrain vehicle (UTV) and all-terrain vehicle (ATV) tire.
This latest offering will be available in 19 high-flotation sizes with an overall diameter range of 33 to 37 inches. Hercules said it will fit wheels with a rim diameter from 17 to 26 inches. The line has a Q speed rating and a load range of E & F.
Steven Liu, ATD's vice president of product development, said the tire not only is functional, but stylish.
"With a unique shoulder design on either side of the tire, Hercules and TIS Offroad have developed a cost-effective way to provide a customizable option that has proven to be popular with the recent launch of our Terra Trac ATX and TIS UT1," Liu said.
Myles Kovacs, president and founder of TIS Offroad who helped to design and will help market the product, said his company allows Hercules to reach a new segment of customers.
"This tire combines Hercules' proprietary compound, off-road traction and reliability with a unique price point," Kovacs said. "In addition to providing the tire in core sizes, it will be available in wider sizes for enthusiasts. And by offering it to the entire ATD network, Hercules will also be able to tap into more of the TIS Off-road customer base."
The tires will be available through ATD's wholesale network of approximate 80,000 customers nationwide but dealers enrolled on the Hercules Power Program will be able to take advantage of exclusive program benefits.
Other features of the tire include:
- Robust tread compound formulated to enhance durability by maximizing strength and puncture resistance in adverse driving conditions while prolonging tread life'
- Optimized profile shape that provides balanced pressure distribution to support even wear and enhanced longevity;
- Strategic tread block geometry and optimized void ratio that works to expel mud, dirt, rocks, and water and provide grip in high/low speed situations, while reducing irregular wear caused by rugged terrains;
- Reinforced shoulder design that enhances high stress points while increasing grip, handling and cornering; and
- Stair-step tread design that adds rigidity and improves self-cleaning capability by preventing stone drilling and debris retention.
The tire has the Hercules Performance Promise with a 45-day "Trust Our Ride" test drive, workmanship and materials coverage and road hazard protection.
In addition to the TIS UT1 Strong Guard ST, other tires launched by the company in 2022 include :
- Ag-Trac RT 45 radial R-1W, designed for four-wheel- and mechanical front-wheel-drive (MFWD) tractors;
- Ironman All Country HT, an Ironman-brand entry-level, all-season highway touring tire for SUVs, CUVs and light trucks;
- Strong Guard H-MA, a mixed- service, all-position premium tire;
- Strong Guard H-LS premium steer tire for long-haul and super-regional highway; and
- Roadtour Connect PCV all-season touring tire for passenger, crossover and hybrid vehicles.
In addition, Hercules announced in February that it was rebranding its two main brands — Hercules Tires and Ironman Tires — in three areas: brand identity, brand position and product innovation.
The rebrand features an updated look, with new typography, colors and an updated graphic of the Strongman logo.
Hercules has retained its "Ride on our Strength" tagline, with the changes updating the brand "as passionate, dependable partner that consumers can trust to conquer the trail ahead," according to ATD.