HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. — American Tire Distributors Inc. subsidiary Hercules Tire & Rubber Co. has launched an Ironman-brand entry-level, all-season highway touring tire for SUVs, CUVs and light trucks.
The Ironman All County HT will debut in 37 sizes covering numerous popular15- to 20-inch rim diameters. Hercules is offering a 60-month limited protection policy covering free replacement for workmanship and materials, as well as road-hazard protection for up to two years or half of a tire's tread life.
Steven Liu, senior director, Hercules Tire, said the lineup bolsters Ironman's portfolio for the expanding SUV and CUV markets.
He said the tire has a "calculated pattern design, clever styling and next-generation tread compound (that) produce a consistent tire throughout its lifecycle with enhanced winter performance."
According to Hercules, the features of the Ironman All Country HT include:
- A five-rib design combined with a unique tread element configuration that improves tread-life and reduces irregular wear;
- Optimized pitch sequence based on tread block geometry and groove dimension, delivering a quieter ride;
- Enhanced siping strategically placed to enhance wet surface traction and light snow performance; and
- Four wide circumferential grooves and robust construction, allowing for fast water evacuation and highway stability.
The tire is manufactured in the U.S. and Mexico, according to Hercules.
It is one of several products Hercules has unveiled over the last six months. Other include:
- The iMOVE PT, an entry-level all-season passenger touring tire, available in 13–17-inch sizes;
- The iMOVE GEN 3 AS, an entry-level all-season ultra high-performance tire for higher horsepower sports cars and sedans, available in 14–22-inch sizes; and
- The All Country AT2, an entry-level all-terrain/all-season tire for SUVs and light trucks, available in 15-20-inch sizes.
"The Ironman brand positions us well to reap significant benefits from consumers seeking an affordable option that doesn't compromise quality," Liu said.
Hercules recently announced it was rebranding as part of its 70th anniversary celebration. The move includes Hercules two main brands: Hercules Tires and Ironman Tires, in three areas: Brand identity, brand position and product innovation.