HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. — Hercules Tire & Rubber Co. has upgraded its Strong Guard medium truck tire line for the third time this year, launching the H-LS premium steer tire for long-haul and super-regional highway applications.
The tire, which replaces the Hercules H-804, has a premium casing with a four steel-belt package offering increased fuel efficiency thanks to 5% lower rolling resistance, 10% better longer treadlife and upgraded warranty coverage, including a "generous" retread policy, Hercules said.
The H-LS was created with EcoFT technology, Hercules said, giving it enhanced low rolling resistant properties that surpass SmartWay-verified standards.
"The launch of the Strong Guard H-LS completes the core lineup of Strong Guard medium truck tire series," according to Marshall Gillespie, director of commercial merchandising, proprietary brands, for American Tire Distributors Inc., parent company of Hercules Tire.
"This steer tire is built to provide a blend of long, even tread life and maximum fuel efficiency bringing confidence to owner operators and fleets driving the long haul," Gillespie said.
The new tire is offered in four 22.5- and 24.5-inch rim diameter SKUs, all of which are all 16 ply. Other features and benefits of the tire include:
- Balanced compounds — Allows for increased tread life without compromising fuel efficiency.
- Optimized footprint — Provides uniform pressure distribution improving tread life, vehicle handling and vehicle stability under load.
- Lateral sipes — Cuts through water, providing more traction in wet conditions.
- Groove technology — Maximizes tear resistance while ejectors minimize stone retention.
- Decoupling Grooves – Help resist the onset of irregular wear in long-haul applications.
Hercules is offering 84-month limited protection under the Hercules Performance Promise, If the tire is not serviceable due to flaws in workmanship or materials, Hercules will replace it at no charge during the first 50% of tread life. The Strong Guard H-LS tire also carries a casing allowance for three retreads.
Pricing information was not disclosed. The tires are produced in Vietnam by A.C.T.R. Co. Ltd., the Cooper Tire / Sailun Group joint venture.
The Strong Guard line comprises 10 tires for specific applications, including long-haul, mixed service, regional service