HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. — American Tire Distributors (ATD) Hercules Tires has added two products to its Strong Guard medium truck tire line, the H-MD and H-MX, for the mixed-service market.
Both tires serve on and off-road applications, including construction, logging and mining.
According to ATD, the Strong Guard H-MX provides extreme traction and durability in the most severe service applications, featuring a 7% wider tread, a 10% wider belt and a cut and chip resistant tread compound designed to withstand rough terrain.
The attributes of the H-MX are:
- Proprietary tread design featuring a lightning center groove for improved heat dissipation, allowing for an enhanced speed rating of "J" 62 mph;
- Trac-Ledges that provide traction and mud/debris clean out in off-road conditions;
- Curb protector and stone ejectors that protect sidewall and casing from damage; and
- Optimized footprint and wide tread design that ATD says improves tread life, product performance and vehicle stability due to a larger contract patch.
- Meanwhile the Strong Guard H-MD performs well where versatility and durability on unpaved job sites is required. ATD said the product provides improved handling and even wear on-road.
- The attributes of the H-MD are:
- Deep tread depth or 32/32nds;
- Higher load-carrying capacity for heavy loads common to mixed-service applications; and
- Staggered 5 block design built for traction and handling.
The two new Strong Guard tires will be available in sizes 11R22.5 and 11R24.5 sizes while the H-MD will offer an additional fitment of 12R22.5. They will replace the Hercules H-302 and H-307 in the lineup.
Marshall Gillespie, Hercules Tires manager of commercial and specialty proprietary brands, said the tires "will help fleet and other commercial truck owners lower their total cost of ownership. Each tire features our proprietary tread patterns and compounds to withstand the most severe conditions; improved protection and casing policies to provide longer tread life and innovative technologies and wider treads."
The tires come with Hercules' "Performance Promise," an 84-month limited protection policy for workmanship and materials and free replacement on the first 50% of usable tread. Each tire carries a casing allowance for three retreads.
Hercules said it is offering dealers a $150 statement credit for the first eight tires purchased through Oct. 31.
"The commercial tire market is always changing, so products launched under the Hercules Strong Guard name will always provide new technology and performance capabilities," Mr. Gillespie said.