RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. — Giti Tire (USA) Ltd. is rolling out an all-season highway tire in its GT Radial brand, the Adventuro HT, designed specifically for the North American SUV and pickup truck market.
Available in 25 metric/P-metric and seven LT sizes, the new tire covers 15- to 20-inch rim diameters in 50- to 85-series aspect ratios and section widths from 215 to 275 with R, S, T, H and V speed ratings.
The metric/P-metric sizes start at P235/75R15 and run through P275/55R20; LT sizes start at LT 225/75R16 and run through LT265/70R17.
More size extensions are under development. Giti said several of the line's sizes are manufactured at the company's plant in Richburg, S.C. Other sizes are produced at Giti's P.T. Gajah Tunggal affiliate in Indonesia, according to sidewall DOT code data.
The new M+S rated tire comes with a 60,000-mile limited treadwear warranty and a 30-day test-drive satisfaction guarantee.
Thomas Okihisa, director of marketing for Giti Tire, said the tire "showcases American engineering by our U.S. R&D center and high quality American manufacturing from our plant in South Carolina"
- According to Giti, the tire's features include:
- Dual sidewall design (raised white letters on one side, matte-black on the other) provides two options for the consumer;
- Full depth wave sipes offer additional biting edges for improved wet and snow traction;
- Chamfered tread edges increase water displacement to reduce hydroplaning;
- Continuous center rib improves braking performance and stability at highway speeds; and
- Optimized pitch sequencing reduces road noise generation.
Pricing information was not disclosed.