FORT MILL, S.C — Continental Tire the Americas is expanding its portfolio of General Tire-branded earthmover tires with the General TE95 compactor tire.
The TE95 is described as a tire for use in road and construction applications, with an "optimized" tire contour for even pressure distribution on construction vehicles, such as single-drum compactors, that keep the soil around construction sites smooth during compaction.
The TE95 features "robust" geometric tread blocks for continuous traction performance in a variety of soil conditions, Conti said, such as sandy, muddy or stony soil.
The tire is built with Continental's V.ply technology, which combines the advantages of bias-ply tires and radial tires by integrating a weave pattern of of up to 22 layers of diagonal fibers laid out at special angles. Conti claims this construction technology provides stronger sidewalls for protection against punctures and cuts.
The new tire complements a dozen existing General EM tires that have been added to the brand's range since early 2020. The portfolio for the U.S. and Canada now covers 33 sizes in 12 applications, such as wheel loaders, dozers, dump trucks and scrapers, graders, skid steer loaders and backhoes.
The rest of the General Tire EM range available in the U.S. and Canada includes:
• TE65: Low aspect ratio and wide base for wheel loaders and dozers used in heavy-duty digging and loading operations;
• TE191: Heavy-duty wheel loader tires for digging and loading operations;
• TE6: Bidirectional L3 tire ideal for skid-steer loaders;
• TE188: Multi-purpose tire for ADT, RDT, loader and scraper applications;
• TE132: Wide-base tire designed for dump trucks in rough off-road conditions and shorter distance;
• TE11/A: Rugged tire design for grading and loading work;
• Skid Steer SD, HD and XHD: For standard to light-duty, heavy-duty and extra-heavy-duty skid-steer loader operations, respectively; and
• Backhoe HD and XHD: All-around and heavy-duty backhoe tires, respectively, suitable for varying surface conditions and challenging tasks.
Further information can be found at generaltire-specialty.com.