FORT MILL, S.C. — Continental Tire the Americas is expanding its line of General Tire-branded earthmoving tires into the light construction segment with the launch of 15 tires for graders, skid-steer loaders and backhoes.
The move complements the existing General Tire earthmoving range, with tires suitable for articulated dump trucks, rigid dump trucks and scrapers, which launched in February 2020.
Conti said the new range — which is being built at Conti plants in the U.S. and Malaysia — is designed for customers looking for durability and value, combined with the reputation of a well-known and trusted brand.
The new range includes:
- General TE11 and TE11 A — designed for grading and loading operations.
- General Skid Steer SD — a multi-purpose design for standard to light-duty skid-steer operations;
- General Skid Steer HD — a heavy-duty tire with a deep staggered tread bar design for optimal traction and grip;
- General Skid Steer XHD — a tire with multiple arrow-shaped tread lugs designed for extra heavy-duty applications and varying surface conditions;
- General Backhoe HD — all-around backhoe drive tire suitable for varying surface conditions; and
- General Backhoe XHD — heavy-duty backhoe front tire built for challenging construction tasks.
The existing range, which is based on Conti's V.Ply technology, comprises:
General TE188 for ADTs, RDTs, loaders and scrapers; General TE65 for wheel loaders and dozers; General TE191 wheel loader tire for dig and load operations; General TE6 for compact loader applications; General TE132 non-directional tire for dump trucks in harsh off-road conditions; and General TE11 for grading services up to 6 mph.
Conti's V.ply technology features multiple cords arranged in a recognizable V-shape, combining "robustness and tire stability with rim seat, force transmission and steering response in demanding vehicle operations."