TOKYO — Caterpillar Inc. has recognized seven Bridgestone Corp. factories, including the farm and OTR tire plant in Des Moines, Iowa, with its highest supplier quality rating, the Japanese tire maker said recently.
Caterpillar, a manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, recognizes suppliers annually under its Supplier Quality Excellence Process (SQEP), which promotes ongoing improvements in quality by suppliers.
Bridgestone, which supplies Caterpillar with tires, rubber tracks, hydraulic hoses and a wide range of other products, earned Platinum Level certification — Caterpillar's highest rating — at all seven plants.
The factories recognized are:
- Santo André plant, São Paulo, Brazil — tires (eighth straight year);
- Shimonoseki, Japan — tires (five years);
- Hofu, Japan — tires (three years);
- Kumamoto, Japan — rubber tracks (first year);
- Hyogo, Japan — hydraulic hoses (five years);
- Des Moines, Iowa — tires (three years); and
- Jacksonville, Fla. — hydraulic hoses (first year).