NASHVILLE — Bridgestone Americas is planning to raise prices Jan. 1 in the U.S. and Canada on Bridgestone-, Firestone- and Fuzion-brand passenger and light truck replacement tires and Bridgestone motorcycle tires by as-yet undisclosed amounts.
The new pricing will include adjustments at the article and pattern level, Bridgestone said.
The company cited "current market dynamics" for the price increase.
This will be Bridgestone Americas' fifth price increase on consumer products in a 12-month span.
Other actions taken in the past year include:
- Oct. 1 — up to 8% on Bridgestone-, Firestone- and Fuzion-brand passenger and light truck tires; Bridgestone- and Firestone-brand truck and bus tires; Bridgestone- and Firestone-brand off-the-road (OTR) tires; and Firestone agricultural tires and tubes.
- Sept. 1 — up to 10% for Bandag products including treads, cushion and ancillary items sold in the U.S. and Canada.
- July 1 — up to 8% on select Bridgestone, Firestone and Fuzion passenger and light truck tires.
- May 1 — up to 8% on Bridgestone- and Firestone-brand passenger and light truck tires and up to 8% on Bridgestone-brand truck and bus radial tires and Bandag retreads in the U.S. (effective in Canada April 1).
- Jan. 1 — by an undisclosed amount.