NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Bridgestone Americas Inc. has expanded its fuel-efficient Ecopia commercial truck tire line with the introduction of the R213 Ecopia tire for both long-haul and regional applications.
The new tire is engineered to reduce operating costs by delivering ultra-high fuel efficiency, the highest ever offered on a Bridgestone long-haul steer tire, in combination with significant improvements in wear performance, the tire maker said.
"Today's fleets are running their trucks longer and farther, making it critical to get maximum performance out of every tire purchase," Kyle Chen, brand manager, truck and bus radial tires, U.S. and Canada, Bridgestone Americas, said.
"The new Bridgestone R213 Ecopia tire harnesses major innovations in both materials and design to deliver smarter, more sustainable tire performance. This translates to a better bottom line through the tire's exceptional wear life and outstanding fuel efficiency."
The R213 Ecopia features:
- A four-rib tire design with patented NanoPro-Tech polymer to limit energy loss and enhance stiffness for improved fuel efficiency;
- An Intellishape sidewall design containing less bead filler volume to reduce tire weight without compromising durability;
- Center rib sipes to evacuate water and improve traction on wet surfaces more effectively;
- Directional stress relief sipes to absorb shoulder edge forces in the footprint for longer wear; and
- A redesigned defense side groove to better resist irregular wear, helping improve fuel efficiency and durability over the long haul.
The R213 Ecopia, which is EPA SmartWay verified, will be offered in eight variations — with four sizes and two load ranges per size — at Bridgestone authorized dealers in the U.S. and Canada.