SOUTHAMPTON, Pa. — Automotive aftermaket technology supplier Bolt On Technology L.L.C. is working with Basys Processing L.L.C. to provide repair shops access to Basys' payment-processing options.
Bolt On said the strategic collaboration with Basys, which provides customized e-commerce services and solutions, provides another option for vehicle owners who increasingly rely on mobile payment for their auto service.
Bolt On's Text To Pay feature allows consumers to complete transactions on their mobile devices, offering a safe, easy way for them to pay their bill while experiencing a contactless experience.
The function is available on Bolt On's Mobile Manager Pro and NextGear offerings as part of Bolt On Pay.
According to the company, the features can result in faster payment and improved cash flow for repair shops. Since payment is complete before the consumer arrives to pick up his car, Bolt On said that counter staff can use that time to review the repair work, recommend other services and schedule a future appointment.
Brad Oddo, Basys Processing's founder and CEO, said the option is a win-win for the aftermarket.
"It helps put an end to days chasing down outstanding receivables, and plays perfectly into how vehicle owners like to communicate, and do business," he said. "We believe Basys is the very best choice for shops."
Benefits of Text to Pay include:
- Convenience: Customers pay from their mobile device wherever they are.
- Faster payment: Shops don't have to wait until the end of the day for customers to pay in person.
- Streamlined checkout: No long lines for vehicle pickups right before closing time.
- Faster payment: Service advisers no longer have to chase customers for payments, or handle payments at the counter.
- Security: Demonstrates commitment to high security standards.
- Tech savvy: Customers see the shop is on the cutting edge of technology.
Bolt On CEO Michael Risich said shops can benefit from Basys' "commitment to customer service and air-tight data security, while offering a service that's growing in popularity among vehicle owners. This is one more reason for shops to go all-in on mobile payments."