INDIANAPOLIS — Atturo Tire Corp. is stepping up its involvement in off-road racing in North America with the introduction of a motorsports contingency program covering both national and regional off-road racing series.
The contingency program will pay up to $2,500 for a victory in "premier" series like SCORE, Best in The Desert and Ultra4, Atturo said, and up to $1,000 for winning in regional series such as Great American Short Course, Mid-America Outdoors and Nor-Cal Rock Racing.
The payouts are valid for class wins in competitions that feature multiple classes, Atturo said.
"Atturo has a long history of utilizing motorsports to prove the durability, performance, and quality of our products to consumers," Atturo President Michael Mathis said at the Performance Racing Industry trade show being held this week in Indianapolis.
"It was only right to develop a contingency program that helps to support these racers in the same way they have supported us throughout our motorsports endeavors."
Atturo said it has a "deep" catalog of race-proven offerings that are available to both consumers and racers alike, providing normal customers with the peace of mind they are getting a product that holds up in the harshest conditions.
Among Atturo's products that have been competition tested are the
- Trail Blade M/T in short-course off-road racing in both TORC and Lucas Oil.
- Trail Blade Boss in long-course off-road racing like the Baja 500 and the King of The Hammers in both its D.O.T. and Green Label sticky compound versions; and
- Trail Blade series of tires for side-by-sides and UTVs in series catering to those forms of competition.
To be eligible for the contingencies, a competitor must:
- start and finish the race on four Atturo-brand tires;
- display at least two 18-inch Atturo decals on the vehicle; and
- mention Atturo tires in any post-race interviews.
Atturo will pay $2,500 for a win, $2,000 for second and $1,000 for third in the premier category racing series.
For the regional championships, the payouts are $1,000 for first, $750 for second and $500 for third.