BETHESDA, Md. — The Auto Care Association has scheduled two webinars in January — the 2020 Business Challenges Teleforum and the Ocean Shipping 101 Webinar.
The Business Challenges Teleforum, scheduled for Jan. 23 at 1 p.m. EST, will be sponsored by the ACA's Manufacturers Reps Council. Presenters will discuss the most pressing issues facing the auto care industry, including:
• The business climate for the auto industry in 2020;
• The latest impact from tariffs;
• Threats from OEMs, including data access and the push from OE dealers to obtain the traditional business for auto service and parts; and
• Consolidation of the traditional warehouse distributors' marketplace.
The Ocean Shipping 101 Webinar is scheduled for Jan. 28 at 2 p.m. EST and will be offered by the ACA's International Trade Committee and Import Vehicle Community, the ACA said.
It will provide an overview of crucial points in ocean shipping, including:
• Each step in the shipping process;
• Carrier changes and alliances;
• Carrier selection strategies;
• Shipping terms and abbreviations; and
• Customs processes and demurrage/detention rules.
Recordings of both presentations will be provided to registrants who can't view them live, the ACA said.
To register for the Business Challenges Teleforum or learn more about it, contact Jessica Fainberg at [email protected]. To register for the Ocean Shipping 101 Webinar or learn more about it, contact Angela Chiang at [email protected].