BOWIE, Md. — The Tire Industry Association (TIA) has released a slate of 11 nominees seeking one of four open three-year terms on the TIA board of directors.
Voting is open for all eligible TIA members in good standing. Election materials will be mailed to the primary contacts at all eligible TIA member companies.
Online voting will open July 15 and run through Sept. 1.
The results of the election will be announced in mid-September with the new board members taking office on Nov. 4 at TIA's annual meeting during the Global Tire Expo/Specialty Equipment Market Association Show in Las Vegas.
The board members whose terms are expiring are: Anthony Blackman, Atlantic Tire & Service Inc.; Dan Childers, Atlantic Tire Distributors; Debra Hamlin, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations; and Jim Pangle, Fountain Tire.
The other nominees are:
• Russell Devens — McCarthy Tire Service, Wilkes-Barre, Pa.;
• Alan Greenwald — Pine Brook Tire, Pine Brooke, N.J.;
• Marcus Jackson — International Tire Repair Solutions, Montreal, Quebec;
• Doug Kershaw — BKT USA Inc., Fairlawn, Ohio;
• Lance Meyer — Myers Tire Supply, Akron, Ohio;
• Dwayne Ray — National Tire Distributors, Edmonton, Alberta;
• Dean Schwartz — Lloyd's Tire & Auto Care, Santa Cruz, Calif.;
• T.J. Trum — Pomp's Tire Service Inc., Kansas City, Kan.; and
• Michael Welch — Tirescanner.com Inc., Miami.