HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. — Hercules Tire & Rubber Co. has launched a revamped Raptis ultra-high-performance (UHP) tire series, featuring the Raptis R-T6 and Raptis R-T6X.
The new additions replace the Raptis R-T5 and offer two distinct product lines with a wide range of options, for UHP all-season market, the company said.
"These tires represent a significant advancement in performance and technology, providing drivers with unmatched handling, longevity and confidence on the road," Steven Liu, vice president of product development at Hercules Tires, said.
"Whether you're driving a sports car, luxury SUV or crossover CUV, these tires deliver the perfect combination of performance, durability and control, all at a competitive price."
Key features and advancements in the Raptis R-T6 and Raptis R-T6X include:
- A proprietary temperature control system that dissipates heat to prevent breakdown and promotes tire longevity;
- An enlarged contact patch to improve overall tread life and dry grip performance;
- UHP traction and control for wet conditions and winter weather;
- 3D siping that offers greater control and tighter cornering, as well as enhanced braking performance and handling;
- Improved braking on both wet and dry surfaces; and
- An asymmetrical tread pattern for function and performance.
The Raptis R-T6 has a traction grading of 500 AA A UTQG rating and accommodates rim diameters covering 16- to 20-inch rim diameters.
The Raptis R-T6X for CUVs has a 600 A A UTQG rating and is available in 19- and 20-inch rim diameter sizes.
The Raptis series is backed by the Hercules Performance Promise warranty, offering up to 60,000 miles of treadwear coverage, road hazard protection, "Trust our Ride" 45-day trial, and a protection policy for workmanship and materials, the company said.
Hercules Tire is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Tire Distributors Inc. The firm did not disclose the tires' manufacturer or country of origin.