NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Bridgestone Americas Inc. is expanding the size range of its Firestone Transforce AT2 all-position light truck tire line to cover SKUs for Classes 4 and 5 medium-duty commercial trucks and vans in the U.S. and Canada.
The new sizes are 225/70R19.5 LRF; 225/70R19.5 LRG; and 245/70R19.5 LRG. The first size listed is available now; the other two will be available by Oct. 1, Bridgestone said.
Bridgestone describes the Transforce AT2 as an all-position radial designed for all-terrain performance, featuring a tread design to promote traction in wet and winter conditions.
With an "innovative" tread-to-road contact footprint and tread compound, the Firestone Transforce AT2 tire is engineered to deliver lasting durability throughout its life and enhance casing life by preventing heat damage.
"We depend on long- and regional-haul fleets to keep this country moving every day," Ben Johnson, director of marketing, truck and bus radial tires, U.S. and Canada, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, said.
"We designed the Firestone Transforce AT2 tire with unique features for dependable, durable performance while driving in a variety of terrain and conditions with frequent starts and stops."
Other key features of the Transforce AT2 tire include:
- Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake certification for winter traction performance;
- A tread design featuring multiple tread edges to promote traction in wet conditions;
- A series of sidewall protector ribs that fight curbing damage to help promote casing durability;
- A high-scrub tread compound for increased tread life; and
- A wider tread belt that helps to extend the tire's shoulder area and diminish irregular wear.
Bridgestone did not disclose pricing information.