NASHVILLE — Bridgestone Americas Inc. has added the M713 Ecopia, a SmartWay-verified and California Air Resources Board (CARB)-compliant drive tire, to its portfolio of radial truck/bus tires.
Engineered with proprietary compounds, the M713 Ecopia is designed for tandem-axle applications in long-haul and regional service, Bridgestone said, and offers 8% lower rolling resistance and 15% longer tread life when compared with the previous iteration M710 Ecopia.
In addition, the company said the tire's casing is designed to pair with a fuel-efficient Bandag FuelTech retread to help extend tire life and further lower the total cost of tire ownership.
"Bridgestone is committed to making mobility more efficient for fleets, which is why we've equipped the Bridgestone Ecopia tire line with our most fuel-efficient and sustainable offerings to help fleets capitalize on the full performance potential of their valuable tire assets," said Ben Johnson, marketing director, truck and bus radial tires, U.S. and Canada, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO).
The M713 Ecopia tire features several design advancements for improved fuel efficiency, including an "IntelliShape" sidewall that reduces tire weight and a proprietary Fuel Saver Sidewall compound and patented NanoPro-Tech polymer technology to reduce energy loss.
Other features of the Bridgestone M713 Ecopia tire include:
• 3D siping to provide 130% more biting edges, which help increase traction across many road and weather conditions;
• An optimized belt package for casing durability and reduced tire weight;
• A high-rigidity tread pattern to control movement of the tire's tread blocks for less wear and lower rolling resistance;
• A continuous shoulder design to distribute weight and torque uniformly to prevent irregular wear; and
• Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake (3PMSF) certification for winter traction performance.
The M713 Ecopia tire is available in sizes 295/75R22 and 11R22.5 in the U.S. and Canada, with sizes 295.75R24.5 and 11R24.5 available by March 1, 2020.
Bridgestone did not disclose pricing information.