OKLAHOMA CITY — Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores opened 10 stand-alone Speedco and Love's Truck Care locations recently in nine states, expanding the network of truck-servicing stops in the Love's network to over 415 throughout the U.S.
The locations offer tire, lube and light mechanical services 24/7, Love's Travel said, as well as DOT inspections, for professional drivers and fleets at affordable prices.
"We'll continue to open new Speedco and Love's Truck Care locations where professional drivers need them most so they can get back on the road quickly and safely," Gary Price, executive vice president of Truck Care for Love's Travel, said.
"We know we're in one of the busiest driving seasons of the year, and our team members are prepared to deliver strong and fast customer service at locations across the country."
The network of Love's Truck Care and Speedco locations offer over 1,500 maintenance bays and comprehensive roadside coverage, the company said.
The new Speedco locations are located:
- at the County Farm Road/Irvington exit on I-10 southwest of Mobile, Ala.;
- near the I-435/State Route 3201 junction northeast of Kansas City, Mo.;
- at Sandersville, Miss., exit on I-59 between Hattiesburg and Meridien, Miss.;
- at the State Highway 50 exit along I-80 southwest of Omaha, Neb.;
- along I-80 a few miles south of Winnemucca, Nev.;
- at the State Route 310/Etna-Pataskala exit on I-70 east of Columbus, Ohio;
- at the State Route 225/Diamond exit on I-76 between Akron and Youngstown in northeast Ohio;
- at the Hillsboro, Tenn., exit off I-24 between Chattanooga and Murfreesboro, Tenn.; and
- at the Green River exit on I-80 in southwest Wyoming.
The new Love's Truck Care is located along I-85 at the State Route 53 exit near Bath, N.Y.
Love's has openings for diesel technicians, service advisers, tire technicians and diesel technician apprentices at all of its Speedco and Love's Truck Care locations across the country.
Love's conducts its own diesel technician apprenticeship program — valued at $12,000 — that allows participants to earn a competitive wage while working toward the designation of a diesel technician, all while taking on zero debt.
Upon successful completion of the apprentice program, technicians will receive a tool kit valued at $3,500, which they can keep after one year of employment as a diesel technician. Newly hired diesel technicians can make $22 to $32 an hour, plus commission after achieving certain sales milestones.
Love's Travel Stops carries 10 brands of tires at its Love's Truck Care and Speedco outlets: BFGoodrich, Bridgestone, Continental, Dayton, Double Coin, Goodyear, Hankook, Kelly, Michelin and Yokohama, along with Love's own Oliver Rubber system retreads.
Earlier this year, Love's Travel Stops opened Speedco locations recently at six existing Travel Stops in Alabama, Idaho, Illinois, Mississippi, North Dakota and Ohio.
In January, the Oklahoma City-based company disclosed plans to open as many as 50 travel stops in 2021, including more than 30 with Love's Truck Care or Speedco preventive maintenance and tire services on site.