SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Discount Tire/America's Tire opened seven Discount Tire retail stores in July, including its second and third in Louisiana and third in Montana, expanding the Scottsdale-based dealership's network to 1,042 retail stores in 35 states.
The newest store of all is in Billings, Mont., which opened July 30. It's the dealership's first in that city and third in Montana. The six-bay store is located on King Avenue West a few miles southwest of downtown Billings, which is considered Montana's largest city with roughly 110,000 inhabitants.
The Billings location is the 26th store Discount Tire has opened in 2019. The largest concentration of new stores is in Florida, where the dealership opened five stores — Greenacres (March 13), Mount Dora (Jan. 18), Palm Coast (Jan. 11), Panama City (March 13) and Wellington, Fla. (Jan. 28) — pushing its presence there to 35 locations.
The others, listed alphabetically by state, are:
- Queen Creek, Ariz. (opened July 23);
- Jonesboro, Ark. (Feb. 25);
- Chula Vista, Calif. (June 29);
- Pueblo, Colo. (July 15);
- Clarksville, Ind. (April 15);
- Bossier City (July 26) and Shreveport, La. (July 9);
- Fayetteville, N.C. (Feb. 20);
- Bixby (Feb. 12) and Enid, Okla. (Feb. 15);
- Oregon City, Ore. (Feb. 22);
- Beaufort (March 22), Myrtle Beach (July 16) and Sumter, S.C. (April 29);
- Jackson, Tenn. (July 22);
- Houston (June 11) and Palestine, Texas (April 9);
- Spanish Fork, Utah (March 21);
- Waynesboro, Va. (July 5); and
- Bellingham, Wash. (Jan. 9).
Two years ago Discount Tire identified Pennsylvania as a target state for expansion, but to date hasn't opened any stores there. It has acquired a property in Pittsburgh, however.
At 1,000-plus stores and over $4.5 billion in annual revenue, Discount Tire is considered the largest independent tire retail dealership in North America.