FAIRFAX, Va. — Virginia Tire & Auto is offering its customers a complimentary pick-up and drop-off service, called VTA2You, that allows the dealership and customers to practice social distancing while their vehicles are being serviced.
To use the service, customers call their local store to schedule a pick-up time. Store staff pick up the vehicle at the customer's home or place of business and take it to the store for service.
Once the service is complete, staff return the vehicle to the customer. The service is available for customers within five miles of a Virginia Tire locations; drives of longer than five miles will be at the store manager's discretion.
"During these uncertain times, we hope that VTA2You helps take the stress out of car care in the communities we serve," Virginia Tire co-CEO Julie Holmes said.
"As people avoid public transportation and airline travel, the family car is more important than ever. We want to make sure people/customers get the car care they need while protecting themselves and their families."
At the same time, Virginia Tire is asking customers who choose to visit a store in person to avoid lingering in waiting areas and practice social distancing while at the store.
Other changes the company has made in recent weeks to adapt to the spread of COVID-19 include:
- Adjusting business hours to Monday–Saturday from 7:45 am–5 pm.
- Frequently cleaning commonly touched surfaces such as doorknobs, counters and store furniture.
- Requiring employees to wash their hands often.
- Providing hand sanitizer for employees and customers (when available).
- Requiring employees to wear a new pair of gloves every time they enter a vehicle.
- Offering a generous sick-leave policy for employees so they stay home if they are ill.
Virginia Tire operates 17 retail stores throughout Virginia.