NORWELL, Mass. — Sullivan Tire & Auto Service said it will reduce store hours while offering additional customer services in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The New England-based dealership said it is rolling back hours, with all stores open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Locations that are open Sunday will be closed until further notice.
In addition, the dealership is instituting optional curbside service. Customers may call the dealership from the parking lot, and a Sullivan Tire will greet the customer and take his or her keys.
In addition, the dealership will provide a Lyft ride home for the customer at no charge, then provide a Lyft ride back to retrieve the vehicle.
Customers don't have to enter the building at all.
In addition, Sullivan Tire said it is following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines:
- Working to supply stores with sanitizers and cleaning products;
- Continuing to practice good daily housekeeping;
- Investing in additional cleanings when necessary;
- Limiting travel and practicing "personal distancing;"
- Encouraging increased hand washing; and
- Urging employees and customers who do not feel well to stay home.
Norwell-headquartered Sullivan Tire operates 73 retail locations; 15 commercial truck centers; 14 wholesale distribution facilities, three tire retread and two LiftWorks facilities; and two distribution centers. It has more than 1,200 employees with locations in the five states: Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Maine.