ROCHESTER, N.Y. — Monro Inc. has reduced the hours its retail stores are open in response to the COVID-19 pandemic but thus far has not closed any locations.
Monro said it has reduced store hours temporarily "to limit exposure and allow sufficient time each night to ensure a healthy environment."
Store hours have been cut 90 minutes a day, with shops opening a half-hour later in the morning and closing an hour earlier in the evening. Most stores are now open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Other measures Monro is taking as part of its response to COVID-19 pandemic include:
- enhanced daily cleaning procedures in the customer lounges, restrooms, service and counter areas, as well as other high-traffic, high-touch surfaces;
- disinfecting steering wheels and door handles as part of the check-in and check-out process;
- frequent hand-washing and the use of hand sanitizer by employees and guests;
- practicing social distancing; and
- asking employees and customers with cold or flu-like symptoms to stay home.
Monro said its leadership team is "vigilantly monitoring" the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as other health and government authorities. The company has a plan to respond accordingly in case the situation changes.
Monro operates 1,289 retail stores throughout the country under the brand names Monro Auto Service & Tire Centers; Mr. Tire Auto Service Centers; Tire Choice Auto Service Centers; Ken Towery's Tire & AutoCare; AutoTire Car Care Centers; Tire Barn Warehouse; Tread Quarters Discount Tire Auto Service Centers; Tires Warehouse; and Car-X Tire & Auto.