SAN ANTONIO — Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance Inc.'s Auto Value and Bumper to Bumper affiliate programs have awarded 25 college scholarships valued at $1,000 each.
The recipients, who are employees or children of employees of an Auto Value, Bumper to Bumper or Confidence Plus location, were picked from a competitive pool of student applicants from across North America.
"We continue to take pride in the outstanding students representing the Auto Value and Bumper to Bumper brands," JC Washbish, vice president of sales and marketing for Auto Value and Bumper to Bumper, said.
"We congratulate them on their accomplishments thus far and wish them success in their future endeavors."
Candidates filled out a comprehensive application that included essay prompts, short answers, letters of recommendation and transcript requirements.
A University of the Aftermarket Foundation panel of judges reviewed and ranked the applicants based on their merits.
Since the Alliance scholarship program was developed in 2001, it has awarded more than $500,000 in scholarships. The annual program encourages continuing education within the membership and supports the next workforce generation in achieving their educational goals, the company said.
The winners and their affiliations are:
- Zackery Beshears, Bulldog Auto Supply;
- Nicholas Caton, CC Auto;
- Taylor Crawley, Parts Warehouse Inc.;
- Adyson Ratley, ABC Auto Parts;
- James Godwin, Decatur Auto Parts;
- Darby Hardy, Turnbull Sales & Service;
- Emily Harkins, Auto Parts Warehouse Omaha;
- Jillian Haver, Haver's Service Center;
- Kathleen Hinson, Parts Warehouse Inc.;
- Kiley Lynch-Youngman, Bumper to Bumper Parts store;
- Trevor Mitchell, Mickey's Wrench;
- Payton Monroe, Pioneer Auto;
- Collin Mulligan, Moog Louisville Warehouse;
- Marian Riveland, Auto Value Parts store;
- Rebecca Roos, Norwood Motor Parts Co.;
- Brieanne Schmidt, Auto Value Parts store;
- Turner Seay, Parts Warehouse Inc.;
- KayLynn Sieber, Arnold Motor Supply Parts store;
- Lucas Smith, NPW Companies;
- Garrett Thrash, NAPW Associate Jobbers Warehouse;
- Amy Thomas, Thomas Repair;
- Kaitlyn Tiernan, Arnold Motor Supply Parts store;
- Grant Watson, Arnold Motor Supply Parts store;
- Katelyn White, Galloway's Auto Parts; and
- Caitlyn Yip, Piston Ring Service Supply.