WOODRIDGE, Ill. — The Automotive Maintenance & Repair Association (AMRA) has joined the list of industry associations shifting their fall gatherings to virtual events due to the pandemic.
AMRA has converted its annual in-person Fall Technical Conference and the Fall General Membership Meeting to a virtual format.
"We know how important engagement is for each of our members, so rather than canceling the meetings, we have created an exciting webinar series that begins in September and will run throughout the end of the year," AMRA President Jeff Cox said.
"This multi-part series will be conducted virtually and will cover a variety of topics which are all relevant to the industry. We have been partnering with J.D. Power, IMR and Facebook, among others, to provide you with valuable consumer-facing content while Autel and DRiV will be presenting topics that are more technical in nature. All the events are free to current AMRA members."
The online schedule is:
- Sept. 9, 1-2 p.m. CDT — Tech Experience Index Study, presented by J.D. Power;
- Sept. 16, 1-2 p.m. CDT — Vehicle Service and Repair Trends and Consumer Perception and Service Expectations Amid the Pandemic, presented by IMR Inc./AutomotiveResearch.com
- Sept. 30, 1-2 p.m. CDT — Experience is the New Brand, presented by Facebook;
- Oct. 14, 1-2 p.m. CDT — Diagnosing Modern Chassis Systems, presented by Garage Gurus;
- Oct. 28, 1-2:30 p.m. CDT — Accessing the FCA Secure Gateway, presented by Autel;
- Nov. 11, 1-2 p.m. CST — AMRA Membership Meeting; and
- Dec. 9, 1-2 p.m. CST — California Bureau of Automotive Repair Update.
Registration is available at www.amra.org.
In May, due to the pandemic, AMRA, the Equipment & Tool Institute and the National Automotive Service Task Force canceled their joint spring conference, which would have been the first time the three organizations had combined their spring events.