BETHESDA, Md. — The Auto Care Association (ACA) has opened registration for a new event to be held in May, Auto Care Connect, for association members spanning the spectrum of the auto care industry.
Auto Care Connect is slated as a virtual event during the month of May to bring together 10 of the ACA's events, including: Spring Leadership Days, ACPN Knowledge Exchange, YANG Leadership Conference, as well as Women in Auto Care, Manufacturers' Reps and Import Vehicle Community events.
The event also will present an opportunity for member-wide virtual networking during ACA's Trivia Happy Hour.
"From networking to education to vendor showcases and resources from the association's communities, Auto Care Connect attendees will have the opportunity to explore each of the 10 event's schedules for content relevant to them and will be able to customize their participation during the month to maximize their event experience," the ACA said.
"Auto Care Connect is an idea we've had in the works for awhile now and I'm thrilled to finally introduce this unique experience to our members," ACA President and CEO Bill Hanvey said.
"These days it seems there are more moments of division and isolation than there are of camaraderie, so I am very proud that we're bringing something positive to the industry that can serve as a way to unite more people and create even more connections throughout the aftermarket."
The schedule includes:
- Spring Leadership Days, which brings together volunteer leaders and professional staff to discuss issues and initiatives affecting the industry at large. Opportunities available to the industry at large include an industry executive briefing, presented by Mr. Hanvey, and an ACA "Revolutionary. Educational. Visionary" (REV) Talk.
- ACPN Knowledge Exchange, which brings together content professionals and their vendors and solution partners.
- YANG Leadership Conference connects auto care industry professionals under the age of 40 for networking, collaboration and educational sessions.
- Women in Auto Care's monthly "Mentoring Circle" event brings together industry members to form connections, share experiences and receive guidance from seasoned industry leaders. The Women in Auto Care "Bookish Club" May event will discuss the book "Untamed" by Glennon Doyle. All Auto Care Connect attendees are invited to join and engage in this discussion whether they've read the book or just the summary.
- Manufacturers' Reps will host a networking event to bring member and non-member reps to discuss industry topics, trends and resources impacting their community.
- Import Vehicle Community's "Coffee and Conversation" educational audio series will discuss the issues and challenges facing the auto care industry with industry experts.
- Auto Care Trivia Happy Hour will invite attendees to unwind with an evening of trivia. Attendees can come with their own teams or join individually.
For more information and to register, visit autocare.org/connect.