ARLINGTON, Va. — The American Trucking Associations' Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) has opened registration for its 2019 annual meeting/Transportation Technology Exhibition set for March 18-21 in Atlanta.
The theme for the 2019 meeting and expo is "Beyond the Frontier of Maintenance," which includes a slate of educational sessions and trade show.
"In 2019, TMC will focus on fleet challenges that lie beyond the frontier of maintenance," TMC Executive Director Robert Braswell said.
"The Council's 2019 annual meeting carries on its tradition of providing thought leadership with a special focus on developing, implementing and maintaining innovative technologies pertaining to automated and electric vehicles, smart trailers and advanced fuel saving strategies."
During the week, more than 100 industry task forces will meet to resolve issues critical to trucking fleets, the ATA said, as well as offer technically oriented educational sessions, addressing fleet experience with the latest generation of active safety systems, proven strategies for fleet tire testing, spec'ing cabs and sleepers for driver safety and comfort, and preparing for next generation multi-voltage electrical systems.
Noting that 70 percent of the nation's freight is delivered by truck, ATA President and CEO Chris Spear called the TMC annual meeting a "critical part" of the trucking industry's business, setting standards and demonstrating the latest technology and trends for our industry.
Other highlights of the meeting, to be held at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, include: .
- Kickoff Breakfast Speaker Marc Bedard, founder and president, Lion Electric Co.;
- Graduation of the Council's first "TMC of Tomorrow" future leaders Class of 2019;
- A special advanced technology pavilion at the expo focused on automated vehicles, electric powertrain and other cutting-edge technologies;
- Fleet-organized educational sessions ranging in topics from important considerations for introducing new FA-4 oils into fleet operations to using propane as a motor fuel for light- and medium-duty vehicles. Other sessions will focus on leveraging TMC key performance indicators and maintenance benchmarking metrics for fleet analysis; and
- Technical sessions including: Fleet experience justifying and implementing active safety systems; International forces driving electric vehicle standardization; Preparing powerful business presentations; and the third annual TMC/SAE Symposium focusing on the coming impact of the 21st Century Truck Partnership Initiative
Registration for the event is open and meeting schedules, exhibitor prospectus, registration and lodging information for TMC's 2019 Annual Meeting will be available online at tmcannual.trucking.org or by calling TMC offices at 703-838-1763.
The ATA is the largest national trade association for the trucking industry.